Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Quick organization of tools in your garage pays off!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,161 Times in 1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1silverhawk
I have the HF service cart that is similar to the one you and MARTINSR have, except mine has three trays: Three Shelf 16" x 30" Steel Service Cart. Got it on sale for $30 last year, though I guess the one with the drawer would be nice as well. Now Im thinking if I can make a sliding work surface on top of it out of wood. Any thoughts?

I wish I would have gotten that three shelf cart. The work surface may be a good idea, all of us are different. I myself find it VERY hard to keep the bench clear of little parts and stuff that I THINK I am going to be using right away. If the cart had a top on it that couldn't be left full of stuff because you have to go inside to get stuff on a regular basis......it would HAVE TO stay clear and could actually be used as a work surface...hmmmmm sounds like a winner to me.

The only problem would be what do you put inside, only tools that you aren't using a whole lot just so you don't end up needing what is inside to work on what is on top the bench.

I want the MOST USED tools on top, so I would have a hard time with that, but it looks like a good plan if you can pull it off.

Brian