Quick vid of my AC Cobra rep. engine running - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
v8hed's Avatar
AK427
 
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northampton, UK
Age: 39
Posts: 794
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quick vid of my AC Cobra rep. engine running

Here's a quick vid of the engine running after some surgery...

Comp XE274 cam
Cloyes true roller timing set
Scorpion roller rockers
Chromoly 1-piece pushrods
Holley SysteMAX heads (2.02" in./1.60" ex./184cc runners/68cc chambers)
Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
Edelbrock 600cfm carb
HEI ignition + 10.5mm wires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryHv6Q2ZQ2Q


Thanks to all those on here that have answered my many questions... you've been a great help and a true mine of information

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Jmark's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: phoenix
Age: 61
Posts: 4,925
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 13
Thanked 47 Times in 36 Posts
That is AWESOME!!! the Cobra is my absolute favorite car!! Can't get in one,,,,,,,,but still my favorite. (i'm 6'-7")

Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2008, 06:36 PM
v8hed's Avatar
AK427
 
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northampton, UK
Age: 39
Posts: 794
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmark
That is AWESOME!!! the Cobra is my absolute favorite car!! Can't get in one,,,,,,,,but still my favorite. (i'm 6'-7")

Mark
Thanks Mark! I'm just over 6'2" and fit fine, but I could see 6'7" being a problem

Cheers,
Ian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Jmark's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: phoenix
Age: 61
Posts: 4,925
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 13
Thanked 47 Times in 36 Posts
I got a ride in a Viper years ago. What a riot!! I was mashed in and was looking OVER the top of the windshield. I felt like Herman Munster riding in that thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Registered User
 
Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,267
Wiki Edits: 49

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmark
That is AWESOME!!! the Cobra is my absolute favorite car!! Can't get in one,,,,,,,,but still my favorite. (i'm 6'-7")

Mark
Mark, I here Streetbeast makes a "stretched" version for tall people.


v8hed, sounds awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2008, 09:20 PM
techinspector1's Avatar
Senior Curmudgeon
 
Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hemet, California, USA
Age: 72
Posts: 13,306
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanks: 836
Thanked 1,151 Times in 950 Posts
Couldn't help runnin' your motor on my software. According to other comparisons, it shows about 2 1/2% low compared to an actual dyno.
355, 10.3:1, RPM, 600cfm, CompCams XE274, 230/236, 274/286, 0.490", 110LSA, timing- 29-64/75-30, assumed 1 5/8" headers, Holley Systemax aluminum heads 2.02"/1.60", flow as follows:
.200 130 92
.300 184 122
.400 222 148
.500 242 172
.600 252 187

rpm tq hp
2000 385 145
2500 375 175
3000 400 230
3500 440 300
4000 475 360
4500 500 425
5000 505 480
5500 500 520
6000 480 545
6500 450 560
7000 420 555
There is a hole in the torque curve from 2000 to 2500. Average torque 2000 to 5000, 440 ft/lbs. Average horsepower 4000 to 7000, 492.

Changed to 750 carb, large tube headers (assume 1 3/4"), advanced cam 4*
2000 400 150
2500 395 185
3000 420 240
3500 460 310
4000 490 370
4500 510 440
5000 515 490
5500 500 525
6000 490 555
6500 455 560
7000 425 560

Still a hole, but not as deep. Average torque 2000 to 5000, 455 ft/lbs. Average horsepower 4000 to 7000, 500.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Blazin72's Avatar
You got a leaky spark tube...
 
Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Union, WA
Age: 32
Posts: 2,868
Wiki Edits: 19

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Great looking car but why is the steering wheel on the other side of the car? (just kidding)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Registered User
 
Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,267
Wiki Edits: 49

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72
Great looking car but why is the steering wheel on the other side of the car? (just kidding)
I noticed something odd too. Why is the distributor in the rear instead of the front where it belongs?? (just kidding too)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Jmark's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: phoenix
Age: 61
Posts: 4,925
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 13
Thanked 47 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Mark, I here Streetbeast makes a "stretched" version for tall people.

I'm sure they do, and it shares all the same parts as all their other models too! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2008, 12:21 AM
AmericanPackMule's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: Adolessent J.R.
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, Calif
Age: 71
Posts: 151
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Inspired...

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8hed
Here's a quick vid of the engine running after some surgery...

Comp XE274 cam
Cloyes true roller timing set
Scorpion roller rockers
Chromoly 1-piece pushrods
Holley SysteMAX heads (2.02" in./1.60" ex./184cc runners/68cc chambers)
Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
Edelbrock 600cfm carb
HEI ignition + 10.5mm wires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryHv6Q2ZQ2Q


Thanks to all those on here that have answered my many questions... you've been a great help and a true mine of information
************************************************** **

Gee That makes me want to put a Ford Flathead in a New Corvette
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2008, 05:41 AM
v8hed's Avatar
AK427
 
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northampton, UK
Age: 39
Posts: 794
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techinspector1
Couldn't help runnin' your motor on my software. According to other comparisons, it shows about 2 1/2% low compared to an actual dyno.
355, 10.3:1, RPM, 600cfm, CompCams XE274, 230/236, 274/286, 0.490", 110LSA, timing- 29-64/75-30, assumed 1 5/8" headers, Holley Systemax aluminum heads 2.02"/1.60", flow as follows:
.200 130 92
.300 184 122
.400 222 148
.500 242 172
.600 252 187

rpm tq hp
2000 385 145
2500 375 175
3000 400 230
3500 440 300
4000 475 360
4500 500 425
5000 505 480
5500 500 520
6000 480 545
6500 450 560
7000 420 555
There is a hole in the torque curve from 2000 to 2500. Average torque 2000 to 5000, 440 ft/lbs. Average horsepower 4000 to 7000, 492.

Changed to 750 carb, large tube headers (assume 1 3/4"), advanced cam 4*
2000 400 150
2500 395 185
3000 420 240
3500 460 310
4000 490 370
4500 510 440
5000 515 490
5500 500 525
6000 490 555
6500 455 560
7000 425 560

Still a hole, but not as deep. Average torque 2000 to 5000, 455 ft/lbs. Average horsepower 4000 to 7000, 500.

Thanks for this, but those figures look too good to be true. I was thinking more around the 400hp mark? In fact, I'm sure that's pretty-much where Comp Cams DeskTop Dyno put it. The car wears 295 rubber at the back and, in the dry, I'm traction limited in 1st, but can just about get full throttle in 2nd without breaking loose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2008, 08:52 AM
LilSmoke's Avatar
Member
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: kansas
Age: 63
Posts: 302
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is a real nice car.Great work. A friend of mine had a wrong side steering wheel car also,cept it only has 18 hp.lol ITs a 1935 Wolseley.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wolseley.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	33098   Click image for larger version

Name:	wolseley 2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	33099  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SBC 350 superiority rebuttle...was:POWERED BY CHEVY, WRITTEN ON A FORD, (from 'Engine Oldsmolac911 Hotrodders' Lounge 50 01-12-2011 11:00 PM
01 Crown vic getting an 04 cobra engine swap; tips? curtis73 Engine 10 10-27-2007 03:45 PM
Cam Help black66 Engine 3 05-12-2003 07:15 PM
Engine running really hot!! zeeman19 Engine 18 11-25-2002 01:09 PM
engine stops running after a few minuits rrp358 Engine 1 07-31-2002 01:43 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.