Hot Rod Forum banner

quikfuel slayer carb

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  69612 
#1 ·
I have a typical sbc street motor. Mild cam with headers and quickfuel slayer carb. Never heard of this carb before. Fuel bowls set at half way in glass site and idle mixtures screws all the way in and back out 1 1/2 turns. When i set the idle speed in the garage it sounds o.k. but when i take it out it idles rough and then wants to run on when shut off. Is there a rule of thumb to get the idle set without the aid of a tach. Help I know enough just to get in trouble.

#2 ·
Quick Fuel Technology Launches New "Slayer Series" 600 & 750cfm Street Carbs - Quick Fuel Technology

running on when you shut it off is usually too fast an idle.. read on below.. slow the idle speed down.. readjust the idle mixture screws.. readjust the idle speed.. check the mixture screws again..

basicly a holley 4160 ..

a few things... you have to have the primary idle transition slots just barely exposed.. so you are not pulling fuel from them

how to get it to idle at that point.. you can open the secondarys slightly with the secondary idle stop screw up thru the bottom of the base plate.

you can fool around with PCV flows..

you have to have enough airflow to supply the engine without exposing the primary idle transition slots..

all the fuel while idling should be pulled only thru the round idle feed ports..

now... if you have an off idle flat spot.. you can fairly easily replace the screw in idle feed restrictions with a size or 2 larger.. and try it.. most carbs are shipped with 0.031 IFRs.. i don't know what your was shipped with as i don't know if you have a 600 or a 750..

feel free to breeze thru this gallery i put up if you have off idle issues.

Holley R1850-3 - Album on Imgur

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.