Quincy air compressors - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quincy air compressors

I just got a new Northern Tools catalog and they now carry Quincy air compressors! While these are not exactly cheap they are priced about like an Ingersoll Rand and all are two stage. These are a different design pump than the older models which were legendary for dependability (mine is about forty years old and it just keeps going and going! ) but if their reputation is an indicator these should be an excellent compressor for those who want the best. These outfits have large slow turning pumps and heavy motors that along with other quality parts should last a long time even in heavy service. Quincy is an old name in compressors and one of the most respected in the industry so anyone in the market for a good two stage outfit can now find it as close as Northern Tool.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Cool find, O.R. I would like to print some of the info you guys share on air compressors and post it at the local Home Depot and H.F. next to the junk they sell there. I don't think they would let me do that though...
Old 05-09-2008, 03:09 PM

Last photo:

Wow, a 50,000 hr rated pump If I didn't already have my Eaton I would seriously look into that one though the Eaton will probably outlast me given the amount of use it gets. That rating is higher than I have seen on a piston type compressor. For the price of 2 big box store compressors you can get a real compressor that will outlast most original purchasers, that's a deal
Old 05-09-2008, 03:26 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveU
Wow, a 50,000 hr rated pump If I didn't already have my Eaton I would seriously look into that one though the Eaton will probably outlast me given the amount of use it gets. That rating is higher than I have seen on a piston type compressor. For the price of 2 big box store compressors you can get a real compressor that will outlast most original purchasers, that's a deal

With proper upkeep, those Quincy units will outlast the first, second, and half of the third owners' life. Rock solid units (we have a couple at work--1,000,000 sq.ft and 9 compressors). Makes me wish I needed a new unit.

In a while, Chet.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:01 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnitz
With proper upkeep, those Quincy units will outlast the first, second, and half of the third owners' life. Rock solid units (we have a couple at work--1,000,000 sq.ft and 9 compressors). Makes me wish I needed a new unit.

In a while, Chet.
That's the type of tools to have, things like Quincy compressors & Mohawk lifts where you can pass them down to grandkids & great grandkids
Old 05-09-2008, 05:29 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveU
That's the type of tools to have, things like Quincy compressors & Mohawk lifts where you can pass them down to grandkids & great grandkids

Has to make you wonder, though, how Mohawk and Quincy can stay in business. When items last that long, there won't be a repeat sale to that customer.... (But I think it's great to have companies take that kind of business approach. )

In a while, Chet.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.