Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Radiant floor question
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fool
That is just plain bs , Expansion and contraction? how much do they think that concrete slab grows and shrinks? PEX tubing has a 100% minimum expansion rate. How do you think it survives having the end expanded to insert a fitting , such as the Wirsbo PEX system uses? PEX tubing is not affected by concrete, it is designed to be used in concrete. Your source must be referring to someone who used some other type of tubing. Can't fix a leak? Yes it is a bit difficult to fix the leak, you need to chip the concrete away from the tubing to put a repair coupling in it, but unless you drill a hole in it there won't be a leak. A continious loop of PEX poured into concrete is virtually impervious to damage
ALLRIGHTY THEN. Now that we have cleared that up.Sure am glad i didnt use that guy for my house.
I was questioning the info I got .I personally dont like pex anyway, too newfangled.
I do understand what you are saying about the expansion and contraction of the tubing and the concrete.
Like I said , what I have heard were horror stories, as far as I am concerned the jury is still out. Call me stupid if you like, I just dont jump on every NEW thing as the BEST thing.
I see alot of posts that guys put up saying it is the way to go,must be something I am missing. I am kinda hardheaded