Hot Rod Forum banner

Radiator?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  75gmck25 
#1 ·
I have a crossflow radiator from a '78 fairmount that I bought to fit in my '62 Ranchero.This radiator is like 2in to wide.Causing not to sitting in the right place. The question is can a crossflow like this be made smaller width wise. If so what is a guess on cost. Thanks Ken N.

#2 ·
Absolutley, but at a cost. And when you are done you have a used/repaired radiator. Hard to tell how many samolians you'll have tied up in it when you are done. I would find a radiator shop willing to do the work and have them give you a price.Anything over 100 bucks wouldnt be worth it in my opinion.
You can get a new rad from advanced or autozonefor 100 bucks or so. just need to have the book out so you can check size and outlet posisitions etc.
You can easily put 150 bucks in the rad you have and it is not as good as a new one. The aluminum /plastic radiators are pretty good anymore, way better than they were back when.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.