Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Radiator fan clearance problems.
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 04:52 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
'38 Chev. The fan is mounted up high and at a slight angle to allow more room at the pulley. I can't find my notes from the conversation but it is less than 2" thick right at the pulley.

Rather spendy compared to others but comes recommended from a street rod shop where I got the Vintage Air from. It's 2 speed too and when wired into the trinary switch, it runs on low with the compressor on and high when the temp switch triggers it.
Cooling Components makes a nice unit. In the front of my '33 ford, I have the short water pump, and still have less than 2 5/8" between the radiator and the water pump pulley. I could have had more, if I didn't have the big HEI distributor, or if I notched the firewall to set it back a bit more. Locating the fan as high as possible on the radiator allows the fan motor and water pump pulley to extend past each other.

I won't be switching now, since mine fits and works fine, but wish the CC folks gave some more detailed information, like a set of drawing with measurements at critical points.