Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rafters need to be raised higher...
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 01:09 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Rafters need to be raised higher...

I'm in the process of getting a 2 post Rotary lift for my shop. But before I purchase the lift, I have to raise or modify two rafter's higher for the lift to clear. My rafters are 10ft off the concrete and I need 13ft of clearence to clear the top of the lift. Anybody have any idea's or a link to tell how to modify rafter's? The link below is the lift I will be getting. On another idea floating in my head. I have 5 inch's of concrete where the lift will be bolted down. Just thinking, would spreading the weight out like using a bigger diameter 1/2" steel plate under the post, would that be a good idea or possible over kill on that idea? I'm thinking about getting a 2' by 2' by 1/2" steel plate and bolt it down and then bolt the lift on top of the plate. I would feel better having those plates and knowing that I did all I could before I installed the lift. So, If the lift falls over, I won't feel bad...lol. Over kill and safety is my main concern here.

Thanks for any input.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...5511&langId=-1