Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rambler American engine conversion #2
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 09:47 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey Farna,

Tell me about Rambler engine room...Geesh They really didnt make it easy for a guy..

I was going to run a DOHC Miata 4 cyl. and 5 speed..I looked at a motor and found the throttle body came off the pass. side and it is tight in the Rambler.

Another member asked if I was using a quad 4 which at the time I said no..but now.....

If you look at the dimensions of the quad 4 it is really compact. More compact than the miata engine. The intake comes off the drivers side and we can fab a intake to run a carb. There is nothing down low to hit the steering box and its stubby enough to clear the steering. I know we will need to trim the firewall for the trans as well as the tunnel. There is a guy that already has adapters to run the T5 5 speed trans.
You can get a flange to weld up yur own exhaust so we can route that where you must like we did on the rotary rambler.
I found the engine so I just need to get it shipped today so we can start...
Take a look at the quad 4 and let me know what you think.....Should be good for around 150-160 hp. A little better than stock.
Thanks,
Robert