Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rambler American engine conversion #2
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 06:26 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Yeah that bellhousing is up there but whats a guy to do. You hit it on the head..the engine is pretty compact and the intake is up high on the drivers side so you have more room. The exhaust is on the pass. side where it is tighter to the inner fenderwell. I do not want to cut the innerfenders at all if poss..maybe just a small recess if nec. but I dont think we will have to do that. I will post the conversion once we get going. I picked up a rebuilt longblock quad 4 for 800.00 bucks..hard to beat that. We have a couple 4 speeds laying around to use but I think I will go with the T5.
Engine got paid for today so it will be here in a couple days so we will go from there..Will make for a really nice driver when done.
Off topic....I will have a L-head 6 and 3 spd laying around..the darn engine actually runs great but smokes for a few miles at start up then clears up..probably needs valve guides and maybe a ring job. The trans works perfectly and has O/D.