Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rambler American engine conversion #2
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 05:02 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

UPDATE...

Quad 4 arrived and look great..I ordered some engine components and they are on the way.

Found a th200-r4 and plan to pick up this weekend. I still have a Muncie 4 speed laying around so there is still a chance it will go in the Rambler. Not sure..I like a 4/5 speed for fun and it would be cool to have a hurst floor shifter with the little white ball poking out of the floor... but my gut says go with a auto and make the car a nice cruiser. What do you guys think? Stick or auto/od. This car will probably get sold in '09 so I am thinking an auto would appeal to more people..alot of girls and wives love this little Rambler so I am leaning toward the auto..I know my wife would prefer it that way. Throw a lokar shifter out of the floor nice and simple...???

Engine and trans got the yank last Wed. We are cleaning up the engine compartment and front suspension this week and hopefully painting the engine and setting it in the car to see how it will set in there.
I will post some pics later today.....