Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rambler American engine conversion #2
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 11:38 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey Farna,
Yes a 5 speed would have been nice but this green coupe is pulling $ away from my rotary wagon project so we had the 4 speed laying around..it came out of a 68 SS 396 Chevelle so no worries there..the car had around 10k miles on it so we knew the trans was good just wanted to open it up to inspect first and reseal. I looked for a T5 out of a late 80's s-10 pickup but they were all around $350 for a used one and I just couldnt see spending the extra cash at this point. Like everyone else I am on a budget with this one and unfortunately its the wagons budget I thought about selling the muncie but it has had a broken ear that was rewelded so that hurts its value..so I know that quad 4 wont hurt that Muncie so in its going.. My parts for the quad 4 conversion did not arrive on time so we will have to go for next weekend to get that engine in. The V8 article sounds interesting..again I am trying not to shoehorn a motor in..besides I like the "being different" factor that the Quad 4 or rotary bring to the builds..
Talk to you later,
Robert