Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rambler American engine conversion #2
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hi all,
No, the Rambler is not running yet. I towed it to the exhaust shop. We are getting everything built up and then we will be pulling the engine and trans and doing the final details and clean up. We should be firing the car late this month or early June..I do have an AMC show I want to attend and I definetly must have it done by Fathers day for the L.A. Roadster show in Pomona...We did get the throttle cable hooked up and hooked up the cold start and manual cable for the exhaust cut out. The upholstery should begin next week..the inserts look good but they are dried out and stiff. I picked up some nos fabric to do the inserts. Its not Rambler fabric..SMS wanted 85.00 a yard..I found some green nos 61 Impala cloth that will work great and keep the stock look..Most people wouldnt know the difference anyway..actually the Impala cloth looks better than the original stuff! Once the car is done I will video it firing up and running. We are just as curious to hear what it sounds like??? Look for another post next week...Thanks for all the nice comments!