Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rambler American engine conversion #2
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 10:48 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Your right Farna about the purists...I really dont care about them..there is a place for a stock restoration and yes alot of guys take their restoration too far for my taste..It is all what you like. If a person wanted to return this Rambler to stock I guess they could but it would take more work and money than the car could ever be worth. I recall being in my old mans 37 Ford woodie when an old geezer walked up and was mad because it was lowered and had a small block Chevy in it..other than that it was completely stock, just modern drivetrain..he told the old man he ruined the car and it was worthless..to which the old man replied that it was worth far more with the conversion than stock..Your right I would not take a Dusenberg and rod it, I would not take a 65 Corvette and flare the fenders, I even hate velour or tweed interior in a 50's car! I see alot of Ramblers "done" and most often they are goofy lookin with ridiculous paint schemes are hacked interiors..gauges loaded up in the dash and trying to look like a pro street car..these cars I dont even look at and could care less..thats why I wanted to do this Rambler so from the outside you would think what a clean little Rambler and if I keep the hood closed noone is the wiser..I would have liked to have gone to that AMC show despite purists...I have no problem informing an Rambler purists that they are a goofy SOB if they think I should have dropped 5k into doing this Rambler stock instead of 5k and having something driveable, way cooler and worth a whole lot more than the stocker.
If this shakes them up then they will probably cry when the rotary wagon is finished..I cant wait