Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rambler American engine conversion #2
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 05:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well, the Rambler is running and driving. Had a few problems but we work them out as we go....The coil packs and ICM gave issues..the ones you get from Q4 rods are used. A new ICM solved a no start issue...Took the car home and it was running but I felt something was off and it didnt seem to have the power I expected..Took it to a show last Sat and it was a hit..of course when I went to leave the darn thing ran rough! I thought I sucked some junk into the carb but we dropped the tank and cleaned it and installed a fram filter as well as another filter at the carb...ended up being one of the coil packs! So I swapped the pack out and it runs really good now. I plan to throw some MSD packs in soon. Went for a test drive and it runs great. Lots of reving...I threw some 4:11's in which helped alot! It pulls through all the gears. I plan to change the exhaust and run it out the back with a different muffler..kinda loud right now...Shifts smooth...Its over 100 degrees here in So. Cal nd the little car runs around 200 degrees. I'll get some pics up soon..