Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rambler with nova subframe
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
Honestly, I think that is thought about and worried about WAY too much. I have heard that from people about running SBC motors. Tell me, are you going to rebuild the motor (or the suspension) on the side of the highway or something? I build things so I can drive them anywhere without a problem. Outside of my 68 Camaro my first wife had when I met her, I have never owned a sbc powered anything. I have had a Chevy 235 six powered truck numeruous Buick powered cars from 300-350-364-401 and 455 motors. I have driven all over the western states in them. Towing trailers up to Oregon, with a 40 year old Buick! I have driven thru 29 states with my Windstar Ford van. I have never had the need to rebuild the motor or transmission out on the highway.

I think it that is a way over used cop out and honestly all it does is create more WORK when building the car, it does NOTHING else but provide a warm gooey feeling for the owner.

Brian