Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rambler with nova subframe
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:37 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I did not mean to start a war just looking for info guys,BTW my center to center on my american which has mags measures 61-62 inches so gutting the front and fitting a Nova sub shouldnt be much wider, as far as clumbsy I just dont understand what that means, I do know from personal experience that having a water pump, fuel pump, generator or worse yet volt reg die on an obsolete car is a plan for a lot of time and or money spent particularly when you are in timbuctoo. I just prefer never to have those experiences again, and I have had plenty of them in my younger years. Regarding the original subframe issue, I once read somewhere in these posts that the Rambler used single sheet metal with a structural integrated design for its unibody frame. Chrysler corp used triple sheetmetal in its unibody design during the same time period, and speaking from experience if you have to do any cutting or altering you had better be prepared to buttress or strengthen your alterations as they are considerably weakened when altered. This is originally what started me thinking about a nova sub, that could be lengthened to the rear to tie in the spring perches. Cheers