rambling - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2006, 05:58 PM
expert lurker

Last journal entry: day one!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

rambling

Start ramble.

Well, figures I should rant it up, since the forum has been consistently telling me to post something. I, at this point in time, being 21, and having 2 cars, both projects, going ahead slowly, for afore mentioned reasons, are really eating up my time, and I love it. Who needs a party life if you have cars right? The one is my truck, 1991 jeep Comanche long box, 4.0L auto, 2wd (at this moment) itís being converted to 4x4, getting bucket seats, upgraded front end, and maybe a 4.8L stroker. This is a 4.0L block, with 4.2L guts. My second project is my 1988 Audi 90, 2.3L non Quattro, thatís not changing to much, dressing up the motor, doing some mild warming up, body work, kit, lowering, good sound system, etc. basically a nice efficient cruiser. But. Being as I will need to start driving soon, and the jeep is the only car that runs. to save fuel I could stick my legs out of the floor and walk it. Anyway. Looking at getting car #3 a í99 or newer cavalier or sunflower with a 2.2L and 5spd well, as you can imagine, parents arenít to pleased with the idea of me having 3 cars, and a low paying job. Need the car to get a better one. Theyíre trying to tell me to sell one of my babies, and I donít like it!! Theyíre both special cars, getting harder to find, and in good shape, kind of, the jeeps a wee bit rough, but the Audiís mint, body wise. And even if I wanted to sell them, I wouldnít get much for them. You guys ever not want to sell your cars? Ever been told you have to? There one of the few things that keep me sane. Argh!

End rambling

Advertisement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

rambling

Over the years I've been in the position of having to buy a car because what I was working on wasn't finished. A few times I've regretted it. The new (read used) car purchase took money away from the car I was working on. The money that I could have used to finish my project was being diverted to the new (used) car. If you can swing it get a loan to finish the car so you can drive it. Even if you have to pay to have work done. You will be happier driving it than the third car and you will be further ahead. You can then upgrade either one of them when funds allow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2006, 06:41 PM
expert lurker

Last photo:

might be a plan, i've just gotten paranoid of letting people work on my cars..and i really don't mind a cav, just not a car i would keep for ever and ever. i might have to budget, see how much it would be to get the jeep ready to go.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:33 AM
expert lurker

Last photo:

starting to get the itch to buy a new car...damn the person whom brought this up!!! (dad)
Old 04-26-2006, 01:58 AM
Race The Truck

Last journal entry: Son's Truck
Last photo:

I stop buying new cars and trucks in 84, I sat down one day and just added up how much it was costing me. I said heck with that. So I put that money I saved in to my projects. Never look back again.

Craig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.