It ran a few seconds , backfired flame and quit - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It ran a few seconds , backfired flame and quit

I must be awful close. All the plugs are getting good fire ,timing isn't jumping around. What caused the flame to much advance or not enough??please don't quit on me now bob s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: $2500.oo Trans AM is home at last
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
I must be awful close. All the plugs are getting good fire ,timing isn't jumping around. What caused the flame to much advance or not enough??please don't quit on me now bob s
Bob: I haven't been on in a while ! Hope your families holidays were great.

Is this still the 348? Is it running now, did you solve some of the issues? This thread is a little old you may have it running now

The backfire could be caused by a lean condition: caused by an open choke, or a vacuum leak! or Bad carb, It can also be a sticky valve, a bad valve seat, a week or broken valve spring, spark jumping in the cap or from plug wire to wire, firing order isn't right, a bad dist. with worn out bushings causing the shaft to jump and the plate to flex, I'm still subscribed to your original thread? You haven't been on it for a long time I thought the 348 was running?

All your questions on the 348 should be on that original thread! I see today after looking at your profile you have many threads on this same subject! Its hard for me to follow your progress or help you with the threads posted at different dates! I miss seeing them because I'm not on every day. And I subscribe to only the threads I can devote my time to till they are solved and then I unsubscribe!

I see the pics of the engine and a little of the car Not bad post more!! I want to see more!

Ive been looking for a 55 for you no luck yet! I'm going tomorrow to look at a Camaro and he has an old 55 hot rod with quarter damage in a garage! I'll ask if its for sale if it is I'll post pic's and private message you on price!!

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.