Random thoughts.... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2005, 04:18 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

Random thoughts....

Well guys, I'm taking a break. I've plowed snow, broke the plow, shoveled snow, fixed and re-broke the plow, got stuck bad, and shoveled more snow. As a result of getting personal with my snow shovel, I've got some random thoughts.....

Some people leave their brains in the cookie jar at home when snow hits. I almost got hit last night by some yutz doing 40+ in a 25 at night...with no lights on. Duh!

Kwik Trip coffee really sucks at midnight. 'Nuff said...

Anybody that plows snow for a living is nuts... see above.

Just because you own a $40,000 4wd doesn't mean you can (or should) drive like Dale Earnhardt on snow...

Even light, fluffy snow gets heavy when stacked 13" deep...

After an all-nighter, even coffee from home sucks...

The judge who awarded that first moron who sued Micky D's over coffee being hot should be shot. Or burned with the weak used motor oil they serve now.....

2wd really stinks when you are in mid-door height snow all the way around.... (yea, that was a real Duh moment) The real kicker was when the homeowner came out and asked if I was stuck! WTH??

It's strange that the same customers that hate having any ice on the drive-sidewalks want all the sand and ice-melt removed from the same driveway-sidewalks so it doesn't get tracked into the house....

There is never a gas station near enough to where you plow to avoid yellow snow after too much coffee....

Just because you have a 4wd plowtruck doesn't mean you won't get stuck.... (I pulled a buddy's one ton GMC off a windrow of snow)

There really is nothing decent to listen to at 3:30 in the morning except the sound of your truck's exhaust....

Bill Engval's "Here's your Sign" is still funny 5+ years later. I just hate stupid people.... See above....

Life's cool when you share it with family and friends who won't burn you over a silly posting like this!!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2005, 04:42 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

you plow with 2 wheel drive? Do you run tire chains?

I know what you mean about some of the people with 4wd that drive to fast on snow and ice. They don't realize that 4wd doesn't help them stop any faster.

We got about 12 inches of snow at my house today, and there's more coming.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

I didn't break the damn plow, but the fluid kept freezing and it wouldn't lift..............finally changed the fluid and it seems oK now..Still snowing tonight, will have top go out for a bit in the morning....cleanup, after the damn town plow goes by.

Schnitz.............you need to come to Canada to plow......."Tim Hortons"..............best coffee there is. I think they put something in it to make you addicted to it...................

Budget RVs
Old 01-22-2005, 04:56 PM

Last photo:

No chains, just 1000 lbs of sand for traction. As long as you think before you go in someplace to plow about how bad shoveling is, you tend to not get stuck. I'll have to take some pics of the snow all piled up where I've plowed. It's kinda funny, I plow in 2wd with a $1300 plow and I still do a better job than some guys with 4wd and a $4000 Blizzard plow. I sure do wish I had 4wd though.

Poncho, I was already addicted to the coffee at Tri-City or the Blue Willow. Some places just know how to make dang good coffee.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

About them wanna-be race drivers..

Was driving home from sledding yesterday on a really icy road I was doing 40 (km) when a dodge ram (jacked up with those stupid high beam fog lights) starts tailgating. He puts on his stupid high-beams and I had it. I slow down to about 20 and try to adjust my mirrors cause his beams are killing me. He backs off a bit, only to get enough speed to pass me on a narrow road that looked more like a big sheet of ice than a road. He made it before a car from the front came but he was sliding a bit.

Mike
Old 01-22-2005, 08:17 PM

Last journal entry: Slow progress

I feel for ya bro.

I just had to dig through 2' of muddy clay to repair the water line - like the house feed. Can you imagine that where you guys live?!

I'm goin to have to suffer through rain next week too.

I'll bear up under the pressure tho, and think about you when it's raining here and 50 deg outside. Darn it's cold. LOL!

Roy.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:45 AM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Re: About them wanna-be race drivers..

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightfire
and try to adjust my mirrors cause his beams are killing me..

Mike
I try to adjust my drivers side mirror so the beam of light is shining in the drivers eyes. I don't think it ever works but it makes me feel better.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:58 AM

Last photo:

I hear yuh. Had to drive 98 miles back from a ski trip with the Scouts in this crap when the parents got paniced and wanted their boys home. I live 20 mi north of Boston, and they claim they got 38 inches their.

No problems with the plow...got a 600 ft driveway, but just about out of gas, and the stations near me are closed. Oh well,have to siphon one of my cars. Just realized.....OH NO!!!! Out of beer too!
Old 01-23-2005, 08:30 AM
wind & fire = guides to power

Last photo:

Well it doesn't snow much out here anymore(global warming? brahahaha)...and i'm one of those "over-zealous snow drivers". 5 years ago i was working in Tulsa, about 80 miles one way. Well i get upo and lo, it had snowed! Snow trucks had not yet been out and I gotta get to work. Hit the turnpike and people are doing 20 MPH and LOTS of cars in the ditch. I can see them sliding sideways at 20-25 as I cruise 80 MPH lololol!...lots can be said for being able to drive like Dale(as a crewman at Charlotte told me once) ... or even closer yet to a WRC driver. Woner what they thought when there were scared at 20 and a red flash went past at 80?

I was in a little Rx7 at that was one of the best cars i EVER owned! Eventually put a home-made tunnel ram and gaint 2" primary header on it. I used a 2bbl Ford carb and it was bad to the bone, able to smoke the tires!
Old 01-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

I hear ya man, some people just don't know how to drive when its icy, escpecially if its in texas! It was a couple years ago in my senior year in high school and it snowed hard and the school parking lot was really icy. You should of seen it when school got out that day! Everyone is always trying to get out to there car and get out the parking lot as fast as they can but its hilarious when its icy! I stayed inside and watched until almost everyone had left, luckily no one was hurt but man it was funny as hell.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:12 AM

Last photo:

You know it's funny about me cussing the fast-on-the-snow-and-ice drivers when I probably drive fast to different plow jobs. At least I have my lights on. Who expects to see a car at 2:30 in the morning without lights? Good tires and a little ballast seem to be key. That and brains.....
Old 01-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
[i] That and brains..... [/B]

Thought you said, if you had any brains, you wouldn't be plowing.................

Budget RVs
Old 01-23-2005, 02:07 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by poncho62
Thought you said, if you had any brains, you wouldn't be plowing.................

Old 01-23-2005, 07:20 PM
DriveItLikeItsSupostToBeD riven

Last photo:

I plow snow with a 4X4 backhoe you don't get stuck with one of those, I don't like plowing snow tho cause I have to get up at 4 in the morning! not a morning person

and you guys seem like you are all getting now we might have 12 inches in all here,

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.