Rant on Autozone - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 05:10 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Rant on Autozone

I had a slight incident at my local Autozone last Monday (10/4/05). I was buying some tire car products and I had my FRESHLY painted Camaro parked out front and I had just spent the last 2 hours buffing & waxing it. As I was heading up towards the counter to pay for my stuff, I see an Autozone employee leaning & bouncing against my passenger side door while talking to one of his "homies". The second I saw this, I felt my blood pressure go ballistic. So I went outside (with the tire care product in hand) and told this fool to get the He!! off of my car. He gave me some stupid arse look and moved away.
I'm definitely not spending any of my money at ANY autozone again. I e-mailed my complaint to the corporate office- I hope that disrespectful jerkwad gets fired (I doubt it) or at least written up!
Sorry about the rant, but I had to get it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2005, 07:12 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

You should have traded the tire care product for a tire iron and beat him with it. Sure you would be in jail for a little while, but it would make the story much more exciting. j/k

I found someone sitting on my car once, I yelled get the f off my car and they left.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:26 PM

Last photo:

Believe me, I wanted to crack that fools head wide open but better judgement intervened. However, I did call the store and talked to the manager about what happened or at least the guy on the phone said he was the manager. I'll call again tommorrow morning to get the regional manager's name & number-and keep the pressure on this guy. It's not OK to "kick it" on some elses ride.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:04 PM
you talkin to me?

i have a rant on autozone
there parts suck.. everytime i buy autozone ignition parts i have to keep bringing them back. the last time i bought autozone brakes they lasted 5k miles.
and i hate jesse james
Old 10-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

would you feel differently if he gave you some kind of sign that he was sorry and didn't realize what he was doing?

I mean, I can see how somebody would get absent minded for a minute, but when somebody comes up to you and tells you to get off their car, it seems like you should at least have the decency to say something to the affect of "geez dude, didn't realize I was even doing it, really sorry about that." Especially since he's a friggin employee and all.

K
Old 10-04-2005, 09:57 PM
NTI Grad.

Last photo:

autozone parts suck, and their service sucks. i swear to god they go to the local retard school to hire people. i know that unsensitive... but after being told "your car isnt the year you think it is" and "your car doesnt have that sensor (which i am holding in my hand. which was a 90 dodge daytona, and the sensor was a MAP sensor...)" and "your a f***ing ******* if you think you know more about your car then me". i swear to god i will have to be dead before i go back to that ****hole for ANYTHING. and its not just my local store... its every Autozone in the US....
Old 10-04-2005, 10:31 PM
waynenewtoneVil

Last journal entry: plans
Last photo:

Quote:
Believe me, I wanted to crack that fools head wide open but better judgement intervened. However, I did call the store and talked to the manager about what happened or at least the guy on the phone said he was the manager. I'll call again tommorrow morning to get the regional manager's name & number-and keep the pressure on this guy. It's not OK to "kick it" on some elses ride.
Dude, not even if it's Jesse James?!?!?! Hehe, one of my friends had a similar incident back in the '70's when you could get away with more. He came out of bar to find some dirtbag sitting on the fender of his Model A. He asked the guy to please get off his car. "Awe man, I'm not hurting anything." He asked the guy again, nicely, this time he started coping an attitude. So he goes behind the seat of his truck(the A was a truck you see), procures his crank handle... Well all I gotta say when he drove away, the dirtbag was out cold laying in the lot. Do that nowadays... That is pretty crappy, being that insensitive to not know better it's bad mojo to lean on someone's car. Especially an employee of the establishment!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:41 PM

Last photo:

Killerformula,
The guy did say sorry, although he had a punky- ghetto attitude about it. I do realize that maybe he wasn't thinking or a little absent minded but what if he had a screw driver or something sharp in his back pocket?
I realize that somewhere, sometime an absent minded person will probably end up putting the first ding in my paint- it's gonna happen. Until then, I'm going to do my best to prevent it.
Autozone still suxs!
Old 10-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Rebuild an alternator Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Happened twice..

Doc here,

That happened twice to me, once at autozone, and once at Pep (tic ulcer) Boy's..

The first time I came out, and an non employee was sitting on the fender of my newly restored Vette..

I walked up to the guy, and told him..I just had the car appraised for $31,000 last week..your *** is consuming about $9,000 of it..will that be cash, check or master charge you friggen mutant...

The second Time was at Pep (tic ulcer) (Home) Boys (in the hood) where, I had totally lost my brakes zip, none nada...and I limped the car up to the service bay..no cars in the lot..no cars in the 10 empty bays..and nobody working...

The service manager (some little Foreign guy..not going there..)came running out waving his arms..yelling in broken English's..Get that Fricken (not the word used..) the hell out of here!!!!!!!!Which pissed me off right off (jeeze, wonder why?)

I try to tell him Sir , I have no....(wouldn't even let me finish the explanation) and gets right in my face and say's "Get that Muther Fricken Piece of Shot outt here..Or I'll call a tow truck" YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE PAST THE YELLOW LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having my lady in the car..and feeling this guy needs a reality inventory because I'm at least 2 heads taller then him...and 30 lbs heavier than him...grab him by the collars and offer him a tour of the inside of my catalytic converter..from the rear..

starts yelling.."I'll call police...I call police" for assault..I laugh, and say you do that sparky..while I call immigration..meanwhile where is the store manager?

I go inside and relate to the manage exactly what happened.. This Richard says " Well, HE was within his rights about not driving in the service area.."

I go: "gee, ya think? and Do you always swear and threaten folks that wonder into an area where you apparently you have something to hide from public view"?

Manager: (The Richard that he was..) Says: " well, maybe he was having a bad day.."

"How the freak could that happen..the service area is as vacant as Nagasaki after the blast..you idiot.." "If he turned a wrench today..It's because he dropped it!"

"What would you have me do?"

"Dude, that's up to you..were it me, I'd suspend him..or fire him..but I like making a profit in business where obviously you don't care about return business or word of mouth..I'm seeking a FULL apology from him to me..then to my lady, whom he traumatized, I'll spend the $1000 brake job elsewhere"

Mr Richard say's: "let me get HIS story...I'll be back..."

about 15 minutes later he say's "he'll apologize on your way out.."

I leave the store and go to my car, still sitting in the service area, and ask my lady, "Did that guy apologize to you?" "No"...He got in his car and left..." I was SUPER pissed...and not wanting to spend time at MDF for cruelty To an idiot..left the premises, and sent a daily email to corporate everyday for a month..outlining the events as they unfolded...

I've never returned, but I'm told both the service bay and store are under new management...

Doc
Old 10-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by badknuckles
i have a rant on autozone
there parts suck.. everytime i buy autozone ignition parts i have to keep bringing them back. the last time i bought autozone brakes they lasted 5k miles.
and i hate jesse james
/\agreed, jesse james (the modern one, not the bandit from pre-automotive days) has made the Hotrodding Culture and what's associated with it mass-produced meaningless made-in-china merchandise.

and most of their stuff is made over there anyways, especially the cheaper stuff.

and lastly, the customer service sucks from my experience, and they have little knowledge of cars beyond of what some computer spits out.

Long Live the mom-n-pop auto parts store!
Old 10-05-2005, 12:41 AM

Last photo:

Hey Doc- I like the idea of sending a daily email to the corporate office
Old 10-05-2005, 02:23 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Hey Camarofiend...I do't blame you one bit. Nice car.

We still have a gas station in town that will pump your gas. I pulled in and the attendant that was pumping the gas leaned on the back fender of my custom painted truck. Let's just say I was a little calmer than Doc but not much. It's all about respect. Respect other peoples property and keep your damn hands off. I just wonder how many of these friggin' idiots do the same thing at a car show.
As far as A-Zone. The ones that work around here can't tell you the difference between a tube of greaase and a radiator hose.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:15 AM
Garage Filler

Last journal entry: I need more time!
Last photo:

AutoZone..............

I just love walking in and hearing "Welcome to AZ, what can I help you with?" I say I'm just looking for some paint thinner, sandpaper, or whatever. Then I hear, "What year and make car is it".
Old 10-05-2005, 04:16 AM
Garage Filler

Last journal entry: I need more time!
Last photo:

AutoZone..............

I just love walking in and hearing "Welcome to AZ, what can I help you with?" I say I'm just looking for some paint thinner, sandpaper, or whatever. Then I hear, "What year and make car is it".
Old 10-05-2005, 07:22 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Not to foul up a good bashing party, but I've had great service from my local Auto Zone. They have a couple knowledgeable hot rodder types behind the counter and they have spent many hours with me trying to sort out all the fittings and assorted nuts and bolts to get everything to mate up on the "Rat on a Shoestring" project...either digging out something from the back room or ordering in a peculiar part to fit. I'm wondering if the quality of their employees has anything to do with this store being located in a small town atmosphere vs. the high volume stores they have in the bigger cities.

Dewey

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.