Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rant....Mattel and China
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin45
The amount of recalls this year alone is ridiculous. I was just reading this morning that SAM's CLUB has a recall on beef because of E.Coli. The meat is coming from Minn. from a place called Cargill, so in the long run it won't affect just SAMS, it will affect some other places also. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21164896...5773?gt1=10514

The other place that recalled the 21.7 million pounds of beef (Topps) is now out of business according to the article. They were talking last week that they had a large class-action lawsuit against them.

On another note....I was doing some interior painting yesterday and I remember when a paintbrush that said "Pure China Bristle" was one of the better brushes you could get.I wonder if that is the case now. LOL!!!
The outbreak was in Minnesota, the tainted beef from New Jersey. The plant was closed and will probably not re-open. Deficiencies in plant processing were found. Why weren't they found earlier?
Lead paint. Dangerous to eat, dangerous to breathe if sanding or painting. I wonder what kind of money Mattels' quality control people are making? Massive re-calls aren't cheap, class action lawsuits aren't either, Q.C. departments are in place for just those reasons. If I have a set of Mattels tainted toys I bought on the internet because I live in Baumfauch, Egypt, too far away from a Toys r Us, who pays shipping for me to get my money back? Mattel isn't going to eat any more of these expenses than they absolutely have to eat. I've noticed no one is saying where the lead paint originated. Who's making this paint? And will they be executed in the near future? Here Kitty, Kitty. It's time to save face, heads are going to roll.....