Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rant....Mattel and China
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,156 Times in 1,022 Posts
Yeah, remember years ago when you bought certain items from certain countries because there was a REASON. You bought Italian shoes because they were "special" you bought a Japanese car because it was cheap. You bought a Swiss watch because it was thought of as the best in the world. You had a few of these items and you had the American made as well. Now, it is getting so that you don't even have a choice! I went on a buy American kick a few years ago. I would look at the package and if it wasn't made here I wouldn't buy it. Have you ever REALLY tried to do this? It is not easy, not by a long shot! Go buy pencil or pen, just try it. You could go to a store with 16 feet of display, HUNDREDS of pens and pencils and not be able to find a brand made here! Don't even get me started on clothes!
Things have changed big time, "Japanese" cars are made here, "American" cars are made there, what in the hell is "American" anymore?

Even my own friends are pulling this crap. I have a buddy who owns a chrome platting company. He closed it up and moved it to Mexico! How about our hobby, how much of these repro parts are made overseas? I don't know about you but I will work REAL hard to not put an overseas part on my car. I buy NOS, used, what ever, but I will work REAL hard to not us imported stuff.

Brian