Hot Rod Forum banner

Rat on a Shoestring named best street rod

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  cboy 
#1 ·
Well knock me over with a feather. The HR.Com Poster Child for "hot rod on the cheap" trophied today at a car show in Conover, WI. It got picked as Best Street Rod. Sorry I don't have any pics...the LAST thing on my mind when I left the house this morning was that I'd need a camera to take pictures of a prize winner. Folks up here in the northwoods must have a soft spot for primer rods (or maybe its hand built bodies they like). Lacking a shot from the show, I'll just throw in this old one from my journal for any newbies who might not know the car.

See less See more
#3 ·
I think people are tired of rods that are just so perfect! Every lil part has been poured over and perfected. Its boring! I love looking a pics of old junk cars. I could look at them all day. I love (rat rods) They have character. THey are more unique, For now at least. I guess when to many people start doing it you will start to see the same crap. :drunk: :drunk:

#7 ·
Congrats Dewey! Looks like you'll be needing another add-on to the shop just to store the trophies.

BTW, are you heading to Elkhorn this coming weekend? There's supposed to be a show and swap meet. There's another one in Stevens Point too. If you happen to pass on by, I got a car or two to check out as well.

In a while, Chet

#8 ·
schnitz said:
BTW, are you heading to Elkhorn this coming weekend? There's supposed to be a show and swap meet. There's another one in Stevens Point too.
The shows I know about for next Sunday are Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin Rapids and Weston. Also New Holstein on Saturday. That Rapids show is a good one but I'm doing the Arbor Vitae show because it's close enough to home to take the roadster. Don't know about Saturday yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.