rat in a velle - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2002, 06:25 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Talking rat in a velle

wooohoooo just bought a very fresh as in never been fired 396 from my brother in law
nothing radical but a good street engine complete with a freshly rebuilt also never been run T.H.400
these came with 3 1966 impallas and a stack of recipts totaling more than 6000.00 and i got it all for the paltry sum of 2 grand gee dont i feel bad... naw not too bad
ok on to the question this will go into my 1970 chevelle and that car currently has a th350 in it what will i need to do to get the 400 electric kickdown to function? any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2002, 06:31 PM

by the way yes i know i'm a dirt bag...
Old 01-26-2002, 09:28 PM

Yes I know just how to fix it leave the 350 in the car. It is a lot lighter and will work just as good.It has been proven a lot of times that this is true. Check my firebird on my garage site. It is on the race car pages and is a big block and i use juice. It has been in the car for 8 years. You just have to make a couple mods to the valve body and keep it cool.If you still want to put the 400 in let me know and i will tell you how to fix the passing gear.PS and you are a rat. ROY
Old 01-27-2002, 06:58 PM

yes i agree that the 350 would work just fine but here is the delima if i stick the th400 into the chevelle that will leave the th350 for my 48 sedan and wouldnt it be easier the fit the 350 into the sedan? or would it be about the same amount of hassle?
my thinking is that the 400 will bolt right to my crossmember in the chevelle and it should be a fairly painless operation what i'm worried about is that the 400 might be really close to the floor on my 48 or do you think it would clear?
or should i just trade for another 350?...
Old 01-28-2002, 12:00 PM
At a loss for words

After hearing what Roy had to say, I would trade off the 400 and pick up another 350 and set them both up with trans coolers.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.