Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rattle can paint job
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 06:10 AM
Nova Guru

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearedforils View Post
For my 1982 Toyota Pickup I am using Eastwoods Rust Converter for a base to neutralize the rust, then going to spray an SEM High Build primer, then will wet sand with 800 grit. Finally I will use Spray Max 2k color match single stage paint. The primer and single stage cost me just over $200 with shipping for 5 cans of each. The Eastwood rust converter was $18 per can. The great thing about all of these is they are rattle cans. It saves you about $600 without having to buy an air compressor and HLVP sprayers. I have not yet painted yet, but you can follow along here: Rattle Can Paint Job for My Sons Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefasaurus View Post
I painted my '78 Chevy G10, and '81 Chevy G20 Cargo vans to look like the A-Team Van with spray bombs. The '78 took 45 cans, and the '81 took 52 cans.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Any questions? Its a DUMB idea, it won't be a durable finish, it won't look good and you won't save any money. Go buy a cheap 20 - 30 gallon comp and a cheap non-hvlp sprayer.

Sorry to be so blunt, but this is a BAD idea.

Even the original poster in this thread broke down and bought a gun for his project after he saw spray bombs don't work!