Re; Finally Found The Best Valve Covers, 2piece Sbc - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2005, 09:30 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Re; Finally Found The Best Valve Covers, 2piece Sbc

HELLO AGAIN FOLKS AND OLD FRIENDS

Those of you that know me and have even helped me on my search-know i have been looking for over 2 years to find the ultimate 2 piece valve covers. well i am happy, even elated to let you know that after a long and exhusting--search-were i allmost gave up several times and settled for what others have, well, we finally found the most amazing, most funcinal and most beautifull 2 piece valve covers we believe have ever been made anywere at any time by anyone. So we posted a few pics for you to see and help the others that have also been looking over the years.

Their designed and made by a talented nice guy down in flordia who had a vision for them and carried it out-you can see more on them and how their made and what else you might want to know about them below and if you think the pics here look cool you should see these beauties in person. this is my pair ready for install with my stealth ram for my show truck.....you can contact the creater Donnie Anderson at wwwpartsandcars.com.....and a very big special thanks to George at 1bad80 for as allways finding us something for our project no one else can.And also a big thanks to all the help with finding us vale covers this past year.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VC-3.jpg
Views:	1396
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	4655   Click image for larger version

Name:	VC-2.jpg
Views:	1275
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	4656   Click image for larger version

Name:	VC-1.jpg
Views:	1432
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	4657  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

WOW!!! Those are beautiful. By far the coolest valve covers I have ever seen. Great find!

Chris
Old 04-16-2005, 09:17 AM

i think it was 2 yrs. ago this summer i went to a cruise in here in cols.oh. and i came across what i thought were the best covers i have ever seen.they were on a big block chevy and they were like 2 piece in that they connected diagonally.on the inside top of the cover is where the meeting line was and it rotated down so you could open it by rotating it down diagonally and adjust your valves and close it back up.they were made by proform but when i went to their site i didn,t see them.i took the liberty of calling them and they said that they had not made them for the sbc and had quit making them for the big block but were going to start making them again for big and small blocks.this would have been this past fall when they told me to watch for their new site.i just checked and they still don't have their new 2005 cataloge.i did however send them an email to see if they know what i am talking about and maybe we'll have access to them soon.these had no screws or bolts to remove.if i am not mistaken they had 2 heavy rubber straps.it was quick and easy which is what you want.also they were colored not crome.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Bubbles is the girl next door

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

i see clearance problems. man, they look awesome!

those proform ones sound cool too. convience is nice. keep us/me updated, and maybe post a pic when you put them on your ride.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Last photo:

I have seen those on a rod before, thought they looked really cool. What did they cost?

Vince
Old 04-16-2005, 03:44 PM

Last photo:

Awesome looking covers, aren't those "Larson" or "Larssen" covers.....?
Look awesome!
Old 04-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:

As far as valve covers go, several years ago I welded on some latches, the kind you'll find holding down the top cover on a tool box, and fastened these to the head and valve cover. It made covers so quick to remove for between round lash settings. Not to mention the you never over tightened a cover and squished a gasket. Made gasket's last longer too. I shoulda bought a patent.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Pure American Muscle

Last journal entry: Still Going
Last photo:

johnsong that is a darn good idea. I have ofter thought about doing something like that to help save gaskets and make taking my covers off easier. Not that I take mine off rear as much as you must when racing but just for the heck of it lol. If you could get them chrome palted or black and get rid of holes on the valve covers it would make for a sleek look.

I really do like those valve covers. The way they come out at the top seems like it would be perfectly fitted for a big blower engine like they have on the site. Sure will will look really good on your engine take a picture and let us take a look! Do bad they are so expensive at $750 I won't be getting any lol. Then again it is a good thing because you can be darn sure you won't see many people with them!

Chris

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.