re up and buy a brand new car!!!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2002, 06:37 AM
Slider in Wa.

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post re up and buy a brand new car!!!!

Just watched the news this morning here in Wa. State. As an ole Veteran of the V/N conflict(WAR), it did my heart good to see a 52 year old guy get back into the Army reserve . He had been turned down in the gulf war.( at age 41) This Sargent had fought with the air calv in the Naum. They gave his old rank back, he lost 30 lbs and cut his biker hair off to get back in.
As a biker the hair thing was tough. I just want to tell all of you i am proud of my fellow Veterans that still serve the country. As well all the new kids that are currently on duty.
I can see it now there will be 50 year ole fat guys out running everywhere trying to get the weight off !!!!!! God Bless you all.
Hal-3
Binh thuey
1971/72
Slider in Wa.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2002, 08:03 AM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

Amen
Tsgt. J.Krull
Phu Cat Aux Field
73-4
Old 09-07-2002, 09:57 AM

I am def. with you guys. I don't serve -medical- a lot of me friends went into the men's branch of the navy after HS. My deepest respect for those that fight for what they belive in.
Old 09-07-2002, 06:11 PM

Thumbs up

personally, I DEEPLY RESPECT anyone who has, or is fighting for our freedoms and way of life. I literally think about it every day. these people, and some of our members, have seen things in combat on a daily basis that most people will never understand...or even want to think about. I must say I sincerely thank all of you!!!! YOU ARE THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE FREEDOM POSSIBLE!!!
Old 09-07-2002, 09:01 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last photo:

Yes. The majority of my friends are going into some form of the armed forces after they graduate. Although i respect them for fighting for our country, i just don't have the balls to join the military. I wouldn't last a week in the military. That is why i admire those in the armed forces so greatly.
Old 09-08-2002, 05:23 AM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

My friend Croz. I don't know what to say to you. You have the balls. It isn't that. When I joined after High School in 69, it was far from a popular thing to do. I was working at Converse rubber making sneakers and looked around at the 60 yr olds in the plant that were making the same as me and trying to raise a family. I never thought of myself as smart, so I didn't think on college. I woke up one morning and drove into Lawrence Mass and joined the USAF. I just knew it was the right thing to do. It is one of the two times I saw my dad cry.
Balls. Never figured myself for those either. Was always a fat kid with a big mouth. Joining the Service did what they say. It made a man out of me. I learned a work ethic I still have today. I can pick an ex-GI out of a crowd when the work starts. They do the job and then beech if they have a mind to. They know the meaning of the word Team. They are a lot more self-less and more wide lens thinkers.
I have some of my closest friend from the service. There is one I call my brother. He was best man in my wedding. I go when ever he calls and vice versa. There is no price I can put on that.
Sorry for the Sunday morning rant. Joining the military is an honor. It is a great way of life, you'll be all you can be, and you'll be one of the few and proud. It is also each man or woman has to decide on in thier heart of hearts. You don't need balls. Trust me, when you get out, you'll have a good set. Maybe even brass!
God Bless America, the land of the free and the home of the brave!!!
Old 09-08-2002, 01:28 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

I'll second that motion. Our vets are our heroes. Kinda scary when you think about it. after 2 world wars...
Who would be left of us without them?
Old 09-08-2002, 01:54 PM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

ok here goes...
i will preface this post by saying that i did not join the military although me and my buddie almost did join the navy but we eventually decided it wasn't the right thing for us at the time.(i went to a voc tech highschool them made a career in property management and now am in telecomunications) when i see the attitude of a lot of young people and there work ethic. and there general lack of respect. i think that this country should bring back the draft. a few years in the service would go a long way to help some of these kids. now before some of you ream me a new a**hole i dont think that all kids are bad but there are enough of them. i get some flack for my opinion and if i was of the age myself i might not think the same way but i think it would do this country a lot of good.
i remember in the mid 80's when reagan was bombing lybia there was some talk of this and it scared me to death. well this is my opinion.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.