Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Read this:Your safety is involved
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 06:04 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Even with glasses or a shield, metal can find ways around or fall into your eye. A guy I use to work with had to go get a piece of metal that had rusted out of his eye, he said they used a little grinder. Guess you will know when you got something in there. He said he didn't even know he had anything in his eye till the next day. Another guy at work just went to the hospital last week after grinding fiberglass and getting some stuck in his eye. Guess its harder for them to see that when its in your eye. I have contacts so they get irritated in my line of work with all the dust, paint, but been lucky haven't had had anything get in my eye which required a trip to the hospital. I did fall asleep with my contacts in years ago and got pink eye. That was miserable and couldn't wear contacts for a few weeks. That tiny little bottle of drops for your eye, antibotic, was $30. I can only imagine how much it would be now with the way costs and health care is today.