Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Read this:Your safety is involved
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I think what they use is called a drill (same aws a dentist uses) but instead of drilling the eye itself they use a grinding disc to grind and polish the rust out. If you have a piece of metal inj your eye, you have about a day and a half to get it removed before the rust ring sets in and you will have to see an opthamologist to get it taken care of. Not cheap if you have to pay out of your pocket. The bad thing is that everytime I get metal in my eye is when I have my safety flasses on. Mine are Harley-Davidsons safety glasses and they wrap around the sides and cup towards the top and bottom. Nice fitting glasses and confortable, but it seemm a chip will get behind and bounce off the lens and smack into the 'ole eyeball. Of course within five minutes you have managed to embed it further by trying to get it out, and you eyelid is scratched all to pieces along with the nose starting to run like crazy!!!!