Ready for paint.....almost - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2002, 06:34 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post Ready for paint.....almost

Hi
My 65 Chevelle is almost ready for paint, can any others share some pics of there paint jobs. I was going to go red....but the car is already a butteryellow, so may go some sort of pale yellow? but was thinking of a stripe......not straight accross the car......what tips do you have.
lk

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2002, 01:33 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

to change colors properly you're in for a ton of work..door jambs, trunk, hood, inside the fenders, around the windows, inside of doors, all need to be trimmed in the color you're going to paint, doors should be removed to get a nice job, lacquer thinner and steel wool is the way we used to do this, then paint. i like to remove all paint from the body so you don't get the leopard look from door dings, chips, etc, i.e. yellow showing under the red from the scratches. if the car is a nice one, are you going to devalue from changing from the factory color? good luck, dan
Old 05-29-2002, 11:21 AM

Thanks Dan.
but if I was going to stay yellow, not that color yellow. wouldn't I have to paint all that stuff any way? What if I went to a more pearly light yellow than what.
lk
Old 05-29-2002, 02:21 PM

No matter how you look at it a color change is a color change. If you don't do all the jambs, etc. it will never be quite right. If you are going to the trouble of doing the body work and re-painting the body it really doesn't make sense to not do the rest of the body. I've done many color changes over the years at my job and most of the people who choose not to do the jambs end up regretting the choice. Even if you aren't painting the rest of the car yourself you could do the jambs yourself and save some money when the rest of the car is sent out for paint.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.