Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ready to purchase a hobbyair system - anyone have one?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:10 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hobby Air

I bought a used system off Craigslist. The guy had only used it 4 times. I paid about $425.oo for it. These are one of those tools you will use to paint your car and sell it to the next guy.. Kind of a pay it forward thing I guess...
I have the half mask but I wear a head sock and goggles. No paint smell when I am done and that is directly from " The One Who Must Be Obeyed".
I am painting a 1967 Triumph TR4A IRS and plan on selling it to the next guy when I am done.
The thing works great though. I would definately recommend one even if you have to pay retail. It probably wouldn't hurt you too much to just paint one car but why take the chance? Make sure you pick up on of those TYVEK paint suits too. The unit I have as a 50 foot hose so I just set it up outside the garage on teh upwind side as far from the garage door as possible. With the TYVEK suit, Nytril gloves, the head sock and goggles (not safety glasses). you can be pretty well protected and it isn't too uncomfortable. The TYVEK suit can get pretty warm but is worth it.