Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ready to purchase a hobbyair system - anyone have one?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 04:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeky2
does anyone know if i can plumb the air supply from the hobbyair unit in PVC - or some other rigid pipe?

what i would like to do - if possible -

is place the hobbyair unit in my basement (per a comment made by another member).

then run PVC from the hobbyair unit - through the box header in to my attached garage and around the garage in to the paint booth. at the end of the PVC pipe run - i would put one of the hobbyair quick connectors.

the idea being that when i wanted to use the unit - i would just walk in to the paint booth and connect my hose to the PVC drop - which would be located right next to the drop i have for my hose that will connect to my paint gun.

my hope is that this arrangement will make it easier to manage both hoses (the air supply for the gun and the air supply from the hobbyair) while i paint.

thank you for any input,
mark
I believe the Hobbyair can supply 1 man using a hose length of 200 ft.

Every 90 you put in the pvc line shortens that distance fairly fast.
A standard 1" 90 elbow is the equivalent of over 5 feet of straight 1" pipe

Another concern in my mind is air flow through pvc generates static electricity. You might get a dandy of a zap, then again maybe you won't. just a thought.