Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ready to be set straight!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

take some time.

Back in the 50's, I bought a 46 bustle back 2 door, Put in a new timing gear and drove it. There was rust around all the chrome from salted roads so we pulled all the chrome off including door handles. Then used a 1/4 drill with a sand disc, took off the rust and paint around the holes, We took a punch and hammer to all the holes and made them look like bullet holes , then mixed up some new to the market at that time, plastic aluminum, filled and spot primed it. The paint we bought did not match the paint chip, I think the shop gave us some left over wrong color but he argued that was the number we ordered mixed. Every since I go in with 2 copies of what I order to any shop. For a budget suspension swap look into, google Jaguar suspension swap. I bought Jag fronts and rears last year, we pull for $ 100 to $ 125. I don't know how the width will be but guys have swapped them into 54's easily. There is a lot more to a frame swap than just dropping the body on another frame. Just read the frame swaps here on hotrodders.