Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ready To Start TUBBING My S10 - Feedback Needed
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 09:15 PM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ready To Start TUBBING My S10 - Feedback Needed

I posted here before to get some ideas on tubbing my "89" S10. I am willing to go all out here and have came up with an idea of what my son wants. The S10 is destined for a SBC 400 and a TH400 tranny with manual valve body and a transbrake. I am looking at getting around 500hp from the motor, hopefully better. I just purchased a 9" Ford rearend and am getting my dimensions together to have it narrowed. We want to put 32 x 16.0 x 15" tires on the beast. I am drawing the layout using AutoCad and have come up with having to narrow the backhalf to 24" frame width to keep the tires completely under the bed. This still only allows about 1-1/2" clearance between the tire and the frame rail on each side. This is also assuming using a wheel with a backspacing of 4". All the wheels I have seen in Summit & Jegs do not give a backspacing spec so I am hoping I can find one. Does anyone know what choices of backspacing offered for a 15" wide wheel? Also, with this size tire, I think I will have to open up the wheel opening a bit on the bed (no big deal) along with adding wheel tubs inside the bed.

I am sure others here have tubbed an S10 but I wonder if I am trying to use too big of a tire. Does anyone have any other suggestions or helpful comments?

Thanks