Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ready to turn the key
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 10:25 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I went thru the same anxiety when I wired my 1951 Chevy Suburban. I took all the wiring out of it before doing a complete inside and out paint and restore. You may have the upper hand on me in that I didn't use any type of kit or harness. I did it wire for wire, front to back, including the complete dash and guages. I mounted a fuse block under the hood, on the firewall and segregated each circuit individually. When it came time to connect the battery, I was really concerned. So, I put my fire extinguisher close by, hooked up the battery and took it one step at a time. Turned on the lights (I had added some things), tried the turn signals (they were after-market, as this '51 didn't come with them). After I went thru an individual check of each system....I hit the key and found that the engine cranked. Maybe I got lucky or maybe I just knew what I was doing. This was two years ago and it's all good today. I still have my concerns, but.......I still have my fire extinguisher!

All I can tell you is fire it up and see what you did right. Sounds to me like you did your best.

Let us know what happens.