Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ready to turn the key
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 08:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Just finished the preliminary wiring on my 34 this evening. It is also an It's A Snap harness. I am running the fuse panel from a 50 amp Maxi Fuse, it and the battery are in the trunk. First I just touched the Maxi Fuse to it's holder and got no spark so I went ahead and plugged it in. Everything works, cranked it from the ignition switch for the first time . I have my low and high beam headlamps on relays, the electric choke is on a relay off the alternator, the suicide door locks are off relays with a Dakota Digital controller, the trans lockup is off a relay, as well as the A/C power and A/C blower motor. Needless to say I was also a little apprehensive about plugging in that honkin 50 amp fuse. Still have to clean everything up and get it all tucked in though.

I also found the supplied instructions quite a bit lacking. In the off time at work I drew (CAD) up my own wiring schematic based on the It's A Snap kit.

Anyone got any tips on passing the wires from the body into the doors? Most wire chases will not work due to the offset hinge setup of the 34 Ford. The door does not open square away from the jamb, it kinda moves back and away from it.

Thanks
Vince