Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ready to turn the key
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Vince- on all of the 34 coupe bodies with hidden hinges I wired I made a sheetmetal wire duct that laid flat on the lower hinge and put a loop in the wires towards the back by the hinge pivot. If you position the wires just right they bend at that point and don't need a big area to accomodate the loop.

I know the sliding type conduits won't work due to the shearing action that goes on between the door and door jamb, unless you mount them inboard some. The 34 bodies are not wide enough in that area to make installation easy.

The other alternative is the door jamb contact plates like carolina custom machine and golden rodtronics and others make, but those suck a little because you lose the connection when the door is open. I have seen them get messed up by the shearing action also if they are not positioned just right Usually those require modification to shorten the travel of the contact pin, as the door is really close to the jamb. Some are adjustable.
Check these out
http://www.widecontact.com/product1.html

Hope this helps,
mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example