Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Realistic Hp question
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 10:55 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Realistic Hp question

Hi guys, ive got a 93 S10 SWB reg cab thats gonna be a street strip weekend warrior type vehicle, ive got a narrowed 9 inch ford with ladder bar suspension 3.90:1 gear, lowered 2 inches in front, full interior, all air conditioning components removed manual steering box and front inner fenders removed, and i soon will be cutting the floor of the bed out and putting in aluminum or thin steel wheel tubs, having said all that this is my question, i have a 69 model 4 bolt virgin bore block that im wanting to build a 383 out of, how realistic is 400 rear wheel horsepower on todays pump gas? and im talking 93 octane because thats what we have here in alabama, im not interested in using nitrous or a power adder, i dont mind buying a good set of aluminum heads or a roller camshaft, do you guys have any suggestions? i want something that will perform in the 2500-6000 rpm range, keep in mind that i wont have to run any accessories with the engine.

another questions i have taking into consideration the weight savings i have made what do you think this truck weighs? and if indeed i can achieve 400 rwp what kind of 1/8th mile times you think i can get? considering i can get good traction? thanks for looking guys and eager to hear your input