Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Really good HF tool
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 11:42 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Really good HF tool

I had to weld up some cast iron exhaust manifolds this morning and as is often the case the weld intruded into the ports and bolt holes in order to accomplish a complete weld. I got out my Harbor Freight long nose grinder with a carbide burr and made short work of the excess weld and while doing this it occurred to me how much I have used this thing in the last year and a half since I bought it. I got mine on sale for $29.95 and figured (my usual excuse) that if it did only a couple of jobs it would pay for itself but like the 4 1/2" grinder it is based on it just keeps on kickin! It shares the same basic case as the grinder that has made a reputation for itself as being dependable but turns a burr or stone at 25000 RPM and does so very smoothly which is not usually the case for a cheap die grinder. Most cheap die grinders, air or electric, lack power and are almost always out of balance enough to ruin a stone or carbide($$$) burr in short order making them next to useless, not so with this thing! It runs as smoothly as any die grinder I have ever used and it has plenty of power. I have used mine a lot and I did not baby it I have had it in some very tight places and really abused it with excess side pressure on some jobs but so far it is holding up really well and has paid for itself many times over. If it seems like I am impressed with this tool it is because I am and I can definitely recommend it to anyone needing a die grinder, at least if you can get a sale price on it which is quite often. sorry for the long winded plug but after realizing how much I have used it and how good a job it has done I thought I would pass on what I have found.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=44141