Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Really good HF tool
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 08:06 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

That plug was not for Harbor Freight in general, they have some real junk too, it was about that one tool which is an exception. On a lot of the tools they have more than one grade and the very cheapest is far less likely to be any good, such as the 1/2" impact that is regular about $24 that is often on sale for $9.99. Only $9.99 for a 1/2" impact? The price alone should be a red flag but apparently they sell a bunch of them because they have had that model for a long time, I certainly would not even try one of those things and the one I do know of performed about like you would expect of a $10 impact wrench. However they have a much more expensive model called the "Earthquake" that seems to hold up well (mine has) and is a brute for power, at $79 sale price and $99 regular it is not cheap by HF standards but it is less than half the price of the IR "Thunder Gun" that is copied from. HF tools are a crap shoot for sure and looking back I would say about half the stuff I have bought is "ok" and of the remaining half most was bad or just outright junk with only a few items being really good, that die grinder, the 4 1/2" angle grinder and the horazontal band saw (sale $159) being very good quality for the price. Also we don't want to forget that the next one of any of those good items sold may not be so good because even though the design seems to be decent (usually stolen from somewhere else ) the quality control is not always the best.

Last edited by oldred; 10-30-2007 at 09:58 PM.