Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rear Axle Bump Stops
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanbob View Post
You are correct - 1 1/2" of travel is not enough. That's why I thought these bump stops were too tall, unless they were much softer and progressively got stiffer. I am still waiting to hear back from my e-mail to Energy Suspension, but have been looking at other bump stops that are shorter. The clearance under full load also equates to the amount of travel left in the coilovers. I could change the height of where the coilover mounts to the rear end (it is adjustable) but the travel in the coilovers would remain the same. They would bottom out before the axle would. This might be a much stiffer suspension than you had? This is the standard rear suspension package (one of several) from Pete and Jakes for '33/'34 rods. I should probably also give them a call after the weekend for their recommendation.
OK, I feel much better now, The 37 that i built did have a nice ride without giving up height. It has a 454 lS6, lots of power but, in all honesty it could have hooked better with more aggressive rear suspension. Thank you, this has been bothering me all night and I lost sleep. I would love to hear what Pete and Jake's have to say as well, it might be good information for both of us and all on this forum.

Ray