Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rear Axle Bump Stops
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I will share as soon as I can...I just have this customer that came up with a very unique idea that's never been done before. When he told me about it I kind of looked at him funny but I couldn't help but keep nodding. It probably wasn't until I did an artist's rendering for him that I bought into the idea completely, it makes total sense and to be honest with you, it's consumed me for the past three months. I've done work for this fellow in the past and he is a rare breed, after we come up with a budget he has never complained about price, any extras or changes he understand cost money and has complete comprehension of time lines being guide lines....not set in stone.

Every build I've done for this guy has been extremely enjoyable but he is particular about fit, finish, performance, looks...the whole package. This is the first time he has asked to keep everything quiet and if he's paying I can't argue.

I haven't pick up a wrench yet and I have well over 100 hours into the project...all I can say is that it's a 69 Pontiac and parts will be rolling in soon. I just wish I could say more.

I thank you for all the information and I am spending many hours doing research in all these area's and one area that many people neglect is suspension. To many people buy a big motor and put on fancy paint and feel they have the complete package, they don't understand as you said about "smart engineers" required to create a user friendly build.

Thanks for the information and I will follow up, as I'm sure you've guessed, my suspension is not carved in stone yet.

I love it when I can throw my heart and sole into a project...so much more fun than painting the front clip on a Honda Civic.

Ray