Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rear Axle Bump Stops
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I could tell just by the way your posts are written and the questions you have, I love hearing that you wrenched every nut and bolt.

I've been rather fortunate in my meager life. I have my license in both Mechanics and Auto Body and specialize in Paint (and making cars really straight). I love that part of the trade because to me it is an art form and a car is my canvas.

I made a few good decisions in the past and was fortunate enough to semi retire a few years ago. As I was building muscle cars and a few pre 30's rods as a labor of love during my whole working career I thought I would try and keep on building as a career. Remember I said semi retired...I think I'm working more now than ever but it's great. I pick what I want to work on, how much I charge, and in a lot of cases the customer lets me have in put as to what it's going to look like. It's a dream job and I get to use my talents doing what I enjoy, not painting the front fender on a Honda. I do no more than 2 cars a year and the next project will be at least an 18 to 24 month endeavor. Even at my age I have to say, I am giddy about this build and can hardly wait for the day the customer lets me tell people about it.

I looked at your car, read your posts and even though the picture was small, I just felt the passion you had for your ride.

Thanks again Bob, I thank you for this post because you really got my mind going in over time with the whole suspension thing.

Best to you
Ray