Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rear Axle Bump Stops
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 05:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks Ray! I posted a bunch of the build pictures in the gallery - should be there under my name. I have painted cars before (never professionally) and agree it is an art form. I would have painted this one, but I didn't have access to a paint booth when it came time to paint. That, and the chemistry has changed since I did my painting. I started with acrylic lacquer and quit with acrylic enamel and catalyzed clear all with siphon feed guns at higher pressures than the current guns. I was lucky with the Redneck body, it was very straight to begin with. As you have done this sort of work, you will appreciate this tidbit... there was less than a quart of filler used in this entire car!
I am retired also (2 years) and am looking forward to cruising all over in this car. No trailer queen, definitely a driver. Your 'retirement' sounds wonderful! I wish you well and am looking forward to seeing your project - and many others!