Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rear Axle Bump Stops
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 12:15 PM
the 'Duracell Project'

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
This does all make sense...3 inches of travel with 2 inches compression and 1 inch rebound. My question is the limit of travel you have with 3,5 inches clearance and a 2 inch bump stop, with 0 travel being your center point, you have exactly 1.5 inches of travel either way and that's exactly when your suspension hits your stop...I hope I'm not missing something but it would appear as though your suspension is not being allowed to do it's full job. To me, and I could be wrong. it looks like a clearance issue. Upward travel is also dependent on load so when you've got a full tank of gas and passengers I would think the problem would be more noticeable, am I correct in that assumption?

Ray
this is my suspension without the bed and the bump stops located
i mounted the bump stop on the side of the frame so it into the c-notch 1''
with the bed on and a full tank of gas i have approx 2'' between the axle and the rubber stops
with the bed loaded for a couple of power tours i had to add air shocks to handle any load

truk was level before the air shocks, now it has a one inch rake to it
i know i messed up, i should have raised my bed 2'' and done a 6'' c-notch
this is my first build, i have learned a lot thru out the build, mostly what not to do