rear deck lid covers - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 05:43 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

rear deck lid covers

hey first of all i would like to say this site is awesome!!!!!! I have been reading for two days straight and had a lot of things answered for me.

this is also being done on a 03 Monte Carlo SS.

But the one thing that i am trying to do right now on my car is to finish the deck lid on the under side. I have a card broad pattern i have gotten cut out for it. Now i need to find out where to go from here.

This is what i would like as a finished product.

I want it coved in the same felt as the trunk is now ( If i Can find it)
but i know i would like to follow the them of flames in to the trunk I ave them on the hood of the car so i need to tie them in to the car more inside.
I would like to have a Chevy bow tie in the middle of it . I will then add our car clubs name in either LEDs or fiber optics or the other choice is EL Wire. ideally i would have the bow tie and this all light up but be invisible till it is turned on.

the thing is i need to know what to make the flames with this is not something that has to bee soft to the touch so i could use a ridged material i would think. also need to find away to attach it in a hide manner.

the other option for the material would be a Grey or blk tweed to match the blk leather interior i have on the car.

soo i guess what I'm asking for here is some help and ideas how to achieve this effect that I'm after. The car is one that i take to shows so i need to get it done and look good when done. this is also the first time i would be doing something like this on any car.

Thanks in advance!!

Advertisement

Last edited by mickey1031; 06-09-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2005, 03:30 PM

he he must have found the one thing that stumped every one LOL
Old 06-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Full Custom Daddy-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1031
he he must have found the one thing that stumped every one LOL
I think we're all in awe of the potential light show. That's gonna be some trunk! I'd be happy to just have no daylight shining through in mine!

There are a couple threads I've seen (scroll down to the raised or flamed panels section) and there's several threads on designing flames in your upholstery.

Once you figure out how you are going to get the flames, I wager that running a design in LEDs or some such would be just a matter of designing the panel to a) hold a lighting fixture (hopefully not a chandelier!!) and b) how you want the wiring run/the fixture activated. You might want to check out the Electrical forum for advice with the latter. I am a novice at this, though, so hopefully one of the better experienced rodders will show up soon.

Good luck and post pics when you're done.

Tucker
Old 06-10-2005, 03:53 AM

well im not trying to make a light show LOL

but would like it to have the LED'S in it that are not real brite but good enough to see when lit.

not as brigt as a light -brite LOL

but thank you for the help on this. Think i have gotten the info i was looking for while reading another thread . the big thing i was trying to figure out is the backing borad. I used a box to get my pattrent and dont think it would hold up that great, But the other thing i would like to find is the felt that was used from GM for thier trunks so i can match it to the car.

Thansk agian

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.