rear end for 23 tbucket - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2002, 07:39 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post rear end for 23 tbucket

i'm building 23 "t" need to know of a ford 8 or 9 inch rear end i won't have to narrow! on a budget!any help will be recieved!car will have coilover shock suspen.and a 15" drive shaft ,one sided panard bar.i plan on using 4 link system both front and back!
thanks in advance.
bobby

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: bobby jones ]</p>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2002, 11:13 PM

bobby, i am also building a T-Bucket and like you am also on a budget... i plan to use a 9" ford rear end , i have one from a 66 bronco. it measures 53 1/2" outside to outside on the bearing flanges. so there will be more width added for the brake drums and axle flanges. these are 28 spline axles and small bearing housings. the problem i see with the fords is the pinion is not centered in the housing, it's offset about 4 inches or so. with a transverse (buggy spring) it may look funny unless you have the pinion centered by shortning one side of the axle tube.
i also have an 8"ford out of a 71 mavrick, if you like, i'll measure it and see what the dims. are...it's a "donar" car and it's being junked.
good luck...., baby huey
Old 06-03-2002, 06:39 PM

The early Mustangs had the narrowest rear ends 52"I think. You're right the center section looks kinda funny if it's not centered, especially in a T Bucket. I cheated, I narrowed my housing myself and bought Dutchman axles for it. I'm also building a T Bucket. On another subject. Do you guys go to the National T Bucket Alliance Web sight? If you like buckets this is the place to go, a great bunch of people there and always willing to help. I'm a member there and I highly recomend them!!
Old 06-04-2002, 03:38 AM

Heres another housing 57 ford 9in. 51 inches I think fairlane just another Ideal backing plate to backing plate
Old 06-06-2002, 08:26 PM

bobby, i measured the 8" rear end in my mavrick "donar car".. here is the measurements: inside to inside on the brake backing plates measures 49". outside to outside on the brake drums measures 57" , thats to the wheel flanges outside to outside. (71 ford mavrick,8" ).
hope this helps you out pal.."baby huey"
Old 06-09-2002, 09:19 PM

Cool

Hey guys, you might find this site useful, lists all the dimensions out of what model cars etc.

http://dfwmotorsport.com/Fairlane/9inchrearends.htm

Cheers
Sandman
Old 06-11-2002, 08:50 AM

Im running an early 70's 8" Mustang in my T and it is centered with the buggy spring without being modified. Have fun! Keep cruisin'!
Old 06-13-2002, 06:26 PM

Bobby, a ford granada rr should work for you.It is an 8".You will have to remove the spring perches and weld your 4 bar flanges in place.good luck.chas.
Old 06-17-2002, 05:03 PM

Wrenchturner nailed it.....the '57 thru '59 Ford Ranchero, station wagon, and retractable hardtop convert used the 28 spline axles, had the larger bearings, and measured 58" over the brake drums. I built quite a few dirt track cars using these. Also, the pinion is centered, not offset.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:37 PM

[quote]Originally posted by bobby jones:
<strong>i'm building 23 "t" need to know of a ford 8 or 9 inch rear end i won't have to narrow! on a budget!any help will be recieved!car will have coilover shock suspen.and a 15" drive shaft ,one sided panard bar.i plan on using 4 link system both front and back!
thanks in advance.
bobby 74/78 MUSTANG II ,V/8 -CAPRI SAME ,HAD A NARROW 8" ,ALSO MONARCH-GRANADA , LINCOLN VERSAILLE ARE NARROW 9" ,57 FORD IS THE NARROW 9" THAT LOOK GOOD ON 30'S FORDS ,GOOD LUCK , O-K TO BUILD IT ON A BUDGET , BUT BUILD IT NEAT ,AND SAFE !!DOESN'T COST MUCH TO BE NEAT AND TIDY , TAKE YOU'R TIME ,ASK QUESTIONS ,LOOK AT THE BOOKS , GO TO THE BIG SHOWS .. HAVE FUN ... JIM PROWSE , ONTARIO CANADA..

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: bobby jones ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.