Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Transmission - Rearend (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/transmission-rearend/)
-   -   rear end id (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/rear-end-id-228859.html)

Cliff Griffiths 01-26-2013 08:01 PM

rear end id
 
I just found a rear end for my mustang, I have in it now a 12 bolt with 538 gears, what i bought was a 1957 9in, but the numbers on the diff dont match ford online, i would apr, any knowlege ,Thanks Cliff from calif. the number is WAA 4668B, HOODED.

big gear head 01-26-2013 08:18 PM

You have a Chevy 12 bolt in a Mustang? That's different. The '57 9 inch would only have a tag with the gear ratio on it. There wouldn't be anything else on there. Must be later than '57.

Cliff Griffiths 01-26-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big gear head (Post 1639096)
You have a Chevy 12 bolt in a Mustang? That's different. The '57 9 inch would only have a tag with the gear ratio on it. There wouldn't be anything else on there. Must be later than '57.

thanks, for info, there is no tag on this rear end, only numbers on the diff, unit

Cliff Griffiths 01-26-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Griffiths (Post 1639099)
thanks, for info, there is no tag on this rear end, only numbers on the diff, unit

And about that 12 bolt in my mustang, in the early 70s we used the 9in for racing and cheep 12 bolts for street rods,they bolt right in to mustangs of the 60s

big gear head 01-26-2013 10:52 PM

Must be a first gen Camaro 12 bolt. I know several people who have bolted early Mustang 9 inch Fords in their first gen Camaros. Strange how things turn around. The price on those Camaro rear ends has gone through the roof.

Cliff Griffiths 01-27-2013 08:27 PM

ford 9 in
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by big gear head (Post 1639126)
Must be a first gen Camaro 12 bolt. I know several people who have bolted early Mustang 9 inch Fords in their first gen Camaros. Strange how things turn around. The price on those Camaro rear ends has gone through the roof.

Idid not know that the 12 bolts are coming up in price, its been 30 years since i played with my mustang, i do want to install the 57 9in in just to have it all ford again, thanks Cliff


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.