rear wiper motors - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2002, 07:30 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post rear wiper motors

I'm using a hyundai rear wiper motor for another car. What I need to know is how to wire it up. I believe it is off of an 87 hatch back. There is a red, green,blue, and black wires. Also it has what appears to be a small capacitor on two of the wires. The red and green will make it work but I can't figure out how to get it to stop in its normal position instead of where-ever I shut it off at.I've tried several combinations but no luck.I have two motors and they both do the same thing so I don't think they're bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2002, 08:05 PM

dont know this for a fact, but the answer may be in your switch. "self parking" wipers like are on cars now may require the switch for the wiper motor that was in the car, or one like it. I know even a rear window wiper was self parking, so it has to still be, just gotta figure out what makes it park, and the switch could be the answer. Just a guess, don't know for sure...PACO
Old 04-06-2002, 06:07 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

Part of my job at work is to install the wiper systems on Airstream motor homes. We use Trico wipers but I would guess they would work similar to your wipers. The capacitors if they are square in shape are relays. They could go bad causing some of your problem. Also if the wiper arm is not installed correctly will cause them to stop in the wrong position. Four wire plugs like yours are for gas and five wire we use for diesels. I'm not sure how the wires hook up since all our stuff is premade for our application but will see if I can find a wiring diagram at work monday for you.
Old 04-06-2002, 06:10 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last photo:

Paco is right, could be in your switch,too.
Old 04-06-2002, 07:36 PM

My thought which side is your switch on? On some of the aftermaket wipers for rods the switch is on the gound side. If it is wired up on the Hot side it is just like turning your key of on late model cars. They Stop at that point. Find a wiring diagram for it by checking out a mamual at your local auto parts store. Most of them have a wiring diag. in the back. Hope this helps just my thought.
Old 04-08-2002, 03:06 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last photo:

Couldn't find a 4 wire diagram at work, just a five wire. Hilbilly is right too. One wire is hot/positive, one would be hi/fast one would be low/slow, one is ground. Can't help you with the color code. Sorry. Wish I could have done better for you.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:12 PM

I have found that Haynes manuals have wiring schematics towards the back of the book.also autozone sells these manuals. if you know the yrs and models of the donor cars and have a repore with your local autozone the may allow you to investigate your color code without having to purchase the manual. good luck
Old 04-11-2002, 06:46 PM

[quote]Originally posted by john:
<strong>I'm using a hyundai rear wiper motor for another car. What I need to know is how to wire it up. I believe it is off of an 87 hatch back. There is a red, green,blue, and black wires. Also it has what appears to be a small capacitor on two of the wires. The red and green will make it work but I can't figure out how to get it to stop in its normal position instead of where-ever I shut it off at.I've tried several combinations but no luck.I have two motors and they both do the same thing so I don't think they're bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks</strong><hr></blockquote>
seems awful simple ,but what about going to the hyundi dealer ,and check their shop manual ,talk to the eletrical tech ?..just a thought .. jim p ..

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.